The implementation of all worships to Ida Sang HyangWidhiWasa. the Almighty God. to mankind, nature, by Hindu people is called Yadnya or holy sacrifices in any forms and by virtue of sincere conscience.The implementation of Yadnya is basically in accordance with Tri Hita Karana with three substances, including God, nature, and human.
Based on various religious philosophies as parameter of doctrine on the almightiness of God, Hindu doctrine divides the implementation Yadnya into five parts called Panca Yadnya, the five holy sacrifices, they are:
1. DEWA YADNYA. Offering and worship dedicated to Ida Sang yang WidhiWasa. The ceremony is usually held in big temples and family temples based on their levels.This sacrifice is commonly called piodalan, aci, or pujawali, or temple festival.
2. PITRAYADYA. The worship dedicated to ancestors, parents, and family members who were dead who inherited, preserve, and give us lives in a family. Hindu people in Bali believe that spirit of their ancestors, parents, and family who were dead, by virtue of their karma or deed done during their lives, will be fused with Ida Sang HyangWidhiWasa.
3. RSI YADNYA. Offering and worship dedicated to priests, wise men who have built foundation of Hindu doctrine and character.
4. MANUSA YADNYA. A procession to preserve, respect, and honor their selves as well as the nuclear family (husband, wife and children). In their journey of life, Balinese are given a procession since they are fetus. born. grow up, married, inherit children and grandchildren, until dead. The three moths ceremony for infant, six moths. a ceremony for those who get mature, wedding, until cremation ceremony are forms of Balinese Hindu ceremony involved in manusa yadnya.
5. BHUTA YADNYA. A holy sacrifice and spiritual preservation dedicated to energy and natural resources. Hindu believe that human being and the universe are’bullt up of the same substance, that is Panca Maha Bhuta.five elements, such asAkasa “( eater). Bayu (air),Teja (heat).Apax (iquid), and Pertiwi (solid substance). Since human being have thought (Idep), they have to preserve nature includes other creatures (animal and plants).
Ceremony in Ubud
Ubud have different kind of ceremony. From the local temple such as pura Dalem and pura Puseh.
Ubud have several temple such as :
- Saraswati Temple
- Pura Dalem Ubud
- Pura Gunung Lebah
- Pura Desa Ubud
- Puri Saren Agung
- Pura Dalem Agung Padang Tegal
- Pura Dalem Agung Puri Peliatan
- Pura Taman Sari
- Pura Puseh
- Pura Dalem Taman Kaja
- Pura Kloncing
- Pura Batur Sari
- Pura Dalem Alit Kutuh
- Pura Dalem Ubud
- Pura Batukaru Ubud
- Pura desa lan Puseh Bentuyung
- Pura Batur Sari
Pura Desa lan Pura
Puseh Desa Pakraman Padangtegal
The most known and famous ceremony is the Royal cremation of Puri Ubud (Ubud Castle) and their rare Royal wedding.
Royal cremation. This ceremony is always take a big step and use large scale of Bade (The of corpse of the royal is place in this building ). Lembu is build larger that the normal size and have a very heavy weight. This is ngaben ceremony, but in the larger scale specialy for royal family. Ngaben is one of the ceremonies performed by Hindu in Bali which belongs to the ceremony of Pitra Yadnya (ceremony shown to the ancestors). This ceremony involved thousands of people to take turns raising Bade towards the cremation site of the village cemetery. Here cattle are used to burn bodies. Hundreds of thousands of people will watch this ceremony and the streets of Ubud will be closed completely. Domestic and foreign journalists also covered this event. Including local TV is not left to take part to document this event.